- Washing – The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or wash by other means.
- Dressing – The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
- Feeding – The ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
- Toileting – The ability to use lavatory or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments or surgical appliances if appropriate.
- Mobility – The ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
- Transferring – The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
Aviva ElderShield – MyCare Claim Condition
- Unable to perform 3 out of 6 activities of daily living
Aviva ElderShield – MyCare Plus Claim Condition
- Unable to perform 2 out of 6 activities of daily living
Both Aviva ElderShield enhancements offer lifetime coverage, and they have two benefit payout duration of 12 years and lifetime. There is a 90 deferment period in which the benefit will be paid out 90 days after the disability. The premium can be paid by cash or MediSave (up to $600/year). The insurance premium is waived in the event of a claim.
[Update: Aviva is giving $100 discount off 1st-year premium in 2016. Terms and conditions apply]
Image is taken from aviva.com.sg
Pros of Aviva ElderShield Enhancement
- Aviva ElderShield is competitive in pricing. It is very affordable especially for MyCare Plus that is claimable for 2 out of 6 activities of daily living
- Premium is waiver in the event of claiming
Cons of Aviva ElderShield Enhancement
- The premium is payable lifetime
- The payout benefit is inclusive of the basic ElderShield
To find out more about the Pros & Cons of Aviva ElderShield.
To evaluate if Aviva ElderShield is suitable for your needs.
Fill up the form below for a discussion on ElderShield upgrade
Besides Aiva ElderShield upgrade, you may also want to read about a similar ElderShield upgrade from NTUC here