- Washing – The ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or wash by other means.
- Dressing – The ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
- Feeding – The ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
- Toileting – The ability to use lavatory or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments or surgical appliances if appropriate.
- Mobility – The ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
- Transferring – The ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive Claim Condition
- Unable to perform 2 out of 6 activities of daily living
Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive offer lifetime coverage. There is a 90 deferment period in which the benefit will be paid out 90 days after the disability. The premium can be paid by cash or MediSave (up to $600/year). The insurance premium is waived in the event of a claim.
Image is taken from greateasternlife.com
Pros of Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive
- The benefit payout is on top of the basic ElderShield
- Limited payment term till age 80
Cons of Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive
- Lower coverage with the same premium compared to other insurer’s ElderShield enhancement that provides coverage for 2 out of 6 activities of daily living
To find out more about the Pros & Cons of Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive.
To evaluate if Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive is suitable for your needs.
Fill up the form below for a discussion on ElderShield upgrade
Besides Great Eastern ElderShield Comprehensive, you may also want to read about a similar ElderShield upgrade from Aviva here